Cloning is not the way

Paraseek.com Discussion Forum: The Debate: Cloning Babies and Pets: Cloning is not the way
By Anonymous on Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 10:25 pm:

I loved my cat of 21 years, but no cat, even
cloned would replace the unconditional love
that he brought to me. Especially in troubled
times. Every pet is different and will act
differently, I don't care if you can duplicate the
look, the personality is never the same. You
can't tell me that if my cat was cloned, he
would be the loving, easy going, friend to
everyone pet that I once knew. Besides, I
loved him, not a duplicate of him, and I would
find it hard to feel the same way about him as I
would with another that looked like him. It is
not fair to the pet you once loved.

By Paraseek Webmaster (Admin) on Friday, March 1, 2002 - 10:37 am:

Especially since there are so many unloved animals that are put to sleep each day. We can't stop that, but we can help.

Those who want to do this better take a step back because its not love that are showing, it is some other emotion which, well, I'll stop.

Webmaster, ParaSEEK

By Brandon Pike (Pike) on Friday, March 1, 2002 - 08:59 pm:

I dont think cloning is a good idea. When they cloned the sheep they aged twice as fast. they tell you you can have your pet forever through cloning but it will never be your same pet. only a copy of it. Its like making a re-production of a Micky Mantle Rookie card. the original is worth thousands. but the re-productions worth nothing. how do we know that a cloned human will act like a human or even be able to live a full life or even live at all. Think about how many military soldiers will be out of work if we clone or how the clones will be treated. Will someone who kills a clone be treated as if they killed a normal person? or will the courts say "Its only a clone"? If we clone are we just merely creating a big walking cancer patiant. Lots of things to consider. but, you never know. cloning can also become a good thing. I think that cloning will have its positive side but will have more negatives.

By PENISE on Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 08:10 pm:

CLONE ALL OF THE ANAMALS IN THE WORLD

By PENISE on Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 08:15 pm:

DEVIL AND DEMONS FROM HELL

By PENISE on Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 08:18 pm:

I LOVE ALL OF THE PUPPIES AND DOGS IN THE WORLD

By PENISE on Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 08:20 pm:

I HATE BACK STREET MEN BSM BACK STREET BOYS BSB

By Rumer21 on Friday, March 15, 2002 - 01:33 am:

Cloning ANY animal is just too S.King/Pet Semetary for me.
RIP and save the ones who ARE ALIVE!!!

By Ravi V. Kumar on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 03:36 am:

There is no proof, or even a possability that the clone will be anything more than phisicaly the same as the host! In fact the clone if monitered during its life will ultamitly be compleatly differant. Little differances from mental stimulus, to the smallist variance in gravitational density in the area were the clone spends its time, will cause drastic changes to the over all development. Think about it...
Also the simple fact that over a million cats each year are "nutralized" just for being alive, is a good enough reason not to MAKE more of them!

Please visit my MSN Community and open your eyes and mind:
http://communities.msn.com/STATIONTERAALPHA

By Kristin Seitz on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 01:50 pm:

I would not clone my pet or anything else for that matter. Humans maybe able to clone the physical but we can't clone the spiritual. If we clone something, we are able to give it a body but NOT a soul or a spirit. I think cloning is a matter of breaking spiritual laws. We are over stepping our boundries. I would not want a human or an animal that did not have a spirit or a soul.

By Arachnis on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 05:48 am:

Howbout we only clone animals for food consumption, this way it doesn't matter that the aging process of clones is higher and no-one could care less if it has a different character than the original and it could provide the world with an extra food source.... better yet if we can grow an ear on a mouse why not a steak! Now that would be a solution to a lot of world-problems don't you think?

By Blix07 on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 01:35 pm:

There is no proof that a clone would have same personality, etc., as the original. It was approx a year ago (or more,the way time flies) that there was an ad in the back of Cat Fancy for cloning your pets & gave a website. Their website stated that they were not quite ready to do so yet, but, if you were interested, you should contact your local veterinarian to collect the necessary tissue, which I assume you would have frozen until that "Special" day. I thought it was pretty sick, but was not totally surprised to see something like that come out. It was only a matter of time since the episode with Dolly the Sheep out in the news. Now there is an article In Best Friends magazine about cloning cats. It stated that they are doing research on it, but of course there are still the usual hitches. It takes almost one out of a hundred to get one that is not mutated in some unusual fashion. The one that finally worked was not even a true duplicate and they said that if people thought it would be, they were going to be truly disappointed. The difference was in the coloring of the cat. I forget what color the original one was, but the clone turned out to have white fur. This the researcher said was something he did not think they could control. However, I'm sure they'll keep trying until they can. I am not for cloning, and think we should not be going there. They are messing with things that they were not meant to mess with.

Blix

By Katma on Monday, July 15, 2002 - 03:47 am:

Scary.. the thought of cloning any animal is sad. Most of what i believe has been stated: There are animals that are here NOW that need our help do not add to the problem by creating more cats, dogs, hamsters, or whatever...I believe that cloning for the purpose of regenerating body parts MAY be possible in the future but right now we are not capable of restraining ourselves enough to use the technology. As far as pets, death is a part of life.... it is a fact of life and we all have to deal with it as well as our own mortality. katma

By Morbid butthole on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 12:09 am:

one time i cloned my brother.and then i killed it.

-morbid butthole

By Echo on Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 12:30 pm:

We need to learn how to take care of the animals we have now, before we go and clone more.

By Misty i on Monday, September 2, 2002 - 02:54 am:

Arachnis has a good idea, but I don't think I could eat a steak that was grown on a rat,yuk.

By A on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 09:38 pm:

we could clone endangered animals...

By Woodywood on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 11:17 am:

we could clone someone that is real smart who could save us from ourselves.

By Donsld stonum on Wednesday, July 9, 2003 - 10:46 am:

How would the webmaster feel if someone cloned this web?

By Susie on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 02:40 am:

i personally think cloning a person is wrong. Obviously scientists are not going to stick to this statement. Many scientists, including Dr. Wilmut, would like to use it to develop replacement cells for ailing humans. They would start the cloning process, then take the ball of cells after just a few days, while they were still embryos, researchers to clone embryonic stem cells, which could grow not into another person but into tissues and organs that would match an individuals. Yeah right…….as if any scientist would stop at that when they can possibly clone a full human being….obviously that scientist/s would be FAMOUS and RICH…..it is true,one day there definatly will be clones, due to scientists

By Tapuaki on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 02:00 am:

I think that cloning is not answer to helping people with their lives. I'm a christian and from my point of view is that god gave us a life to live from a period of time as he wish. But cloning something/someone to relive and walk this earth one more is just interfering with nature and its great things. And there should be a law against this and we should put a stop to what people think is a chance to resee something/someone they lose. This is madness, nothing can replace the original.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"