the exsistance,theories,and hunting of ghosts

Paraseek.com Discussion Forum: General Paranormal Discussions: the exsistance,theories,and hunting of ghosts
By Anonymous on Thursday, June 24, 1999 - 08:49 am:

I would like add this subject so that there is room for a conversation about ghosts where you don't have to of had experienced or discuss any particular paranormal activity.This topic will be for pure ghost fans.

By Jeanne on Tuesday, June 29, 1999 - 02:27 am:

Yes I have had a good ghost experience. Will tell you all about it later. It is too long to go into this late at night.

By Al Junayd Al Betawi on Sunday, July 11, 1999 - 12:27 pm:

When I was a little boy my parents were worried about me because I could not concentrate on anything.
I had day dreaming very often, act very strange as if I had my imaginary friends, read other people's mind, saw what was behind the closed door, knew things which I haven't learn yet, etc. I was very shy and never revenge if some friends made fun of me or even hurt me but they would get a fever or sick for a day or two after they did bad things to me as if something was mad at them because they did bad things to me.
My parents sent me to 14 different shrinks to find out what was wrong with me and those people said that there was nothing wrong with me, I just could not concentrate on any subject at all.
When I grew up I learn to meditate and it was very hard for me because I thought I could not keep my mind still, I only could concentrate for about 2 minutes then always thought of something like ice cream, beautiful girls, wanted to commit suicide, bored, etc.
One day while I was doing my meditation I found out that I was not alone. Those thoughts which I thought were my own thoughts actually were not!!!
There are spirits (or ghosts or demon or whatever people may call) all over me, they talked to me, they gave information, they yell at me but their voice are very similar to my mind's voice so they comunicate telepathically, I just didn't know it.
Then I got scared and really wanted to throw them away, I came to some medicine man and told them about my problem and they laughed. They say that those creatures were my grandfather's guardians. My grandfather like witchcraft and collect things which has magic in it, when he passed away those creatures lost their master. Then they follow me and hope that I would be their master. I don't know why they choose me, I didn't ask to have servants which I can not see but their with me now and then I came to a very old man and asked him to teach me about these things, now I know which one is my thought and which ones aren't.
Give me a headache sometimes especially when I am in a meeting or gather with some friends. They told me almost any knowledge they know when I need it.

BRgds
;-)
Al Junayd

By Anonymous on Monday, February 28, 2000 - 03:06 pm:

Although I have not seen a ghost, I have experienced some very unusual strange encounters in a residence I visited since 1997 in a Mediterranian-style house built in 1925. This house was built by this particular family and has remained in the family to this day. Since the nephew has taken over this home, he has been doing some major renovation. However, strange occurences have taken place in the house before any renovation started. The experience I had in 1997 when staying over night involved the bedroom being extremely hot and when I checked the radiator it was ice cold. When I was trying to fall asleep (laying on my stomach), something touched both of my shoulder blades and gently pushed me into the mattress. We left the hallway light on all night and I noticed that they started to flicker. I heard the other person in the other bedroom across hall frantically yell out No, no, no, no and I sat up in bed and looked across the hall and saw nothing and asked the other person if he was all right. The other person answering me back if I felt cold because he said he was freezing and it was extremely warm in my bedroom. He said was sleeping in the floor in a sleeping bag and he felt something nudge him as though he was in their way in passing through and then this whatever it was picked him up and turned him completely around and dropped him when I called his name to see if he was all right. That same night we had set up a video camera downstairs on the main floor which had a clear view through five different areas of the house. The video was somehow turned off during the night and then came back on; it did not pick up any of the voices of our conversing across the hall; however, the video camera, once it was back on picked up a round light image floating towards the video camera lens and when in got close up to the camera you could see red veins within this white circle of light then this veered off into the entrance way out of sight. Also, that night before everyone went to bed the office desk chair was placed up against the desk and the next morning when the office light was turned on the desk chair was on the opposite side of the room. My question is what is it? I can only describe what was seen on camera. I personally saw nothing just noticed what I mentioned above. Now that I have been over to the house just recently and the carpenter and his wife were leaving for the day, I went upstairs to check to see if the windows were closed and when I started to come back down the stairs, I heard the carpenter and his wife talking and I distinctly heard the carpenter's wife say, "her water bottle is still in the kitchen so she must still be in the house." I heard them walking and talking and the door close. By the time, I got to the door in the hallway leading outside, I noticed a strong scent of cigarette smoke and looked out the window to see if there was any one else in the driveway could have been smoking but there was't any one there the carpenters just left in their truck. (Note: everyone in and working in the house are non-smokers). I went into the room next to the hallway and still smelled the smoke and followed the smell into the bathroom where the smell was so strong it could choke you but there was no blue haze of smoke. I asked the carpenters the next day if they had come back into the house looking for me but they didn't and there was no one smoking a cigarette either. Now, what is that all about. This situation is creepy and would like to know and find out what is going on in that house. I got agitated once when a door slammed in the house and the owner was accusing me of slamming the door but it wasn't me. I talked out loud to the ghost saying they should stop being so annoying. The carpenter experienced two weeks ago working on the kitchen vent and something small flew by his head and grazed his face and disappeared out the window. The next day my daughter and I were upstairs in the same location from where the carpenter was working downstairs and something small and white zipped by her face towards the window (she taking down the curtains at the window) and then felt something fall on her like a spider or bug but I did not see anything on her.
My question is can ghosts talk and sound like the people that are working on the house? Can ghosts emit smells like cigarette smoke? I have been told my a friend that ghosts can feed off human energy and lower the immune system. Is this true. This house is located in Dayton, Ohio and the neighborhood is all hills and dales; it is believed that perhaps that this house is located on or in close proximity to an Indian burial ground. I would appreciate any helpful information on what I described to you. Is there any research organization who could check this fascinating house out without charge. I found a research group in St. Louis but they only do haunted houses in the St. Louis area.

I hope you can give me some info. and advice research references in the Dayton, Ohio area.
Thanks.
JZP

By Jane on Friday, June 9, 2000 - 08:19 pm:

I hope that I have come to a reliable place to make this request for info. I have had several experiences with unusual phenomena,such as the fact that I have had a "ghost" follow me for the past 16 years.This includes sightings,strange incidents(he hangs pictures for me in my house-a fine sense of humor),and have had the odor of garlic come to certain places that this entity is most often seen.I believe that I have a connection that I haven't developed fully and I want to do this. I am also sought out by people to help them use ouiji boards and conduct seances by some who know of what I've experienced. I want to help as a guide but don't know how.Can someone direct me?

By OnlyPrissyChrissy on Monday, December 18, 2000 - 11:51 pm:

Jane, I have read your message, and you are so lucky. This is the biggest interest I have, and I am searching for truth. Somebody, anybody, show me that's it's true, show me that there really is something beyond death. It would make letting go a lot easier, my Mother has emphysema. I would love for an unusual phenomena to happen to me. I even went out and bought a ouiji board and sat there like a fool all by myself, talking to myself, and all I got out of it was sore arms. I really have a need to know, so if someone can show me? My sister is a medium, and a good one I guess. She has a large following, I just met my sister in 1996. Never knew I had one. She has no idea how interested I am, and I'd love to know My dad's okay where he's at. Chris.

By Angela on Tuesday, December 19, 2000 - 01:03 am:

OnlyPrissyChrissy,
I believe that if you seek these kinds of things out to strongly that you actually MISS them.

By OnlyPrissyChrissy on Tuesday, December 19, 2000 - 04:11 pm:

Angela, How then do I go about it? Do you know for sure? If so how? Where do I begin? I have a need to know, and you know what that is. Thanks for your imput. OnlyPrissyChrissy (Chris)

By Anonymous on Saturday, June 30, 2001 - 09:31 pm:

tips on getting rid of ghosts:
1. raise the rent
2. raise it again
3. purchase "Ghost-B-Gone" (ghost spray, sold at retail stores for $4.99. works in attics, basements, dark corners, under the beds, closets, etc.)
4. yell at ghost in a deep and firm ghetto voice saying the following...
"PACK UR SHIT AND GET THE FUCK OUT!!!"

By Anonymous on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 02:29 am:

You filth mouth people should be blocked from leaving messages.

By The twisted one on Wednesday, September 12, 2001 - 05:46 pm:

hey,hey,hey.thats just his/her way of saying to prissy chrissy to get out of there but with some swairen in it . i usualy talk like that to , aiot actualy but i might get my cuz to go to this sight and i dont need him reading it.-THE TWISTED ONE

By Kevin Johnson on Monday, November 5, 2001 - 05:44 pm:

I think i may have a couple of ghosts at the
place I work I would catch something out of
the corner of my eye and then it would be gone.
The sears at work at is supposedly haunted.

By The twisted one on Monday, November 5, 2001 - 08:40 pm:

where do you work?you dont need to anserw if you dont want to .im just on a search for good haunted areas and wonderd if you or anyone eles had a haunted place in connecticut or anything-the twisted one

By Anonymous on Sunday, December 16, 2001 - 04:43 pm:

does anyone know where i can get some information on Sťances and other spiritual ritual type stuff?

By Anonymous on Sunday, December 23, 2001 - 07:51 pm:

Duh you could go into a search engine (you know, google, lycos, msn, ask) and type in the words 'seance', 'ritual' or anything else you might want to know. That would be a good start!

By Shelia eagle on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 05:58 pm:

Please help me if you can........ How do you contact the dead. Any info on this would help.

By Deborah Anna on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 06:10 pm:

Oh My God !!!!I didn't realize there was so much interest in mediumship.
I'm a medium .I just answered a post I saw on another section.But when I went into this discussion I thought it was going to be about mostly ghosts.
I have had some interfer a few times when I was doing medium readings for others.Three events just recently.
One session there was a prankster.He kept showing me the person i was reading for and everyone one she knew that was living.The object of our session was to try and contact her loved ones that have crossed over not to get info on those that were living.Everytime I would see a new person with my clairvoyance it would turn out to be someone still living.
I kept asking the spirit that was giving the information to please show there true self .They never did.
They literally disrupted the whole reading .
I had to change my focus and ask the lady to tell me the relationship of the preson that she hoped to contact.After that I was able to make only light contact with her father but at least it was validating and the spirit didn't intrefer anymore.
So I told her I wanted to redo her session another day.I hope that he won't interfer again .But that particular case was the worst one that I had with interferance like that.
Another case was ,....I kept picking up on a family that another lady didn't seem to know.
Aman very violent ...a female very scared and a older boy a bit mentally slow and a very intellgent little girl.
Turns out that her son has a imaginery friend and the friends name is the same as the little girl.
Also turns out that her little boy is very open to spirit and will most likly be a medium himself some day.
But it was confusing for awhile and her family members did make contact in the reading as well so it wasn't nesscary to redo her reading.
I just wanted to share with all of you that it has been my experience that ghosts or the energy impressions left by them can come thru and even interfre with a medium session.
I just wanted to share my experiences with you.
Deborah Anna

By Kelsey Lincoln on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 08:44 pm:

Hi!MY sister and i have always been intrested in ghosts. We have one in our house. Sometimes he takes things and puts them in places we do not know. Other times he makes messages on our mirror when you take showers. We like to talk to him and when he laughs it feels like someone is pouring a bucket of ice cold water on you. We belive he protects us from the mean ghosts so we do not fear him. Like one time when we drove past this bridge that is said to be haunted when we brought sam(our ghost)with us. When we reached the other side we didn't feel him any more so we drove past it again like a hundred times and when we felt him again we drove off and went home to my sister bffl's house. We believed sam got pulled off by the bad ghost and he was protecting us.(hes around 19 my sister said because she saw him before)Anyways i went to my house and they stayed there. but her and her bffl got really sick and knew the bad ghost followed them home so they told the rest of the people to be careful and keep an eye open. they went to sleep and when they woke up her mom had asked them who was making all the noise around 4:00 am. they were asleep at 2:00. apparently something was banging aroung and making all this noise and racket but by morning it had left.i am a big believer but im soooooo glad sam is there for me, sometimes he likes to play with you at night and he holds you down, or he give you that strange feeling that your falling, or cold icebuckets that wakes you right away. but most of the time he sleeps. he is probally watching me right now!. creepy huh.i als o have to so a persuasive(s/p) speech on gosts and weather they exist so if any one can help me e-mail me at {Queenswimmer17@yahoo.com.,Queenswimmer17@yahoo.com.} thank you!
bless you all,
Kelsey

By Baby G on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 09:51 pm:

I live in a very active haunted house.but the only people who believe me is me and me.most hauntings involve the youngist in the children. IAM THE YOUNGIST! i see ghosts to i have this wreid way of well, seeing them. if i concentrait
i see them it freaks me out! got any suggestions!

By Bewildered on Wednesday, August 14, 2002 - 03:04 am:

Hello all. I am posting this because I am at my wit's end. I personally, although I was raised in church, DID not believe in an afterlife. I did not believe in ghosts, demons, angels, or any of the other things that are spoken here. I am one to live life to the fullest and enjoy what time I have on this earth. My beliefs have been recently shattered and it has gotten to a point where it is making me a nervous wreck. I will give you a little background on this. Like I said I DID not believe in these things and did think mediums and psychics were just a play of the mind. Although I know the mind is vast and there are many areas we will never be able to utilize, I had not met any personal psychics or mediums.

My wife and I moved into her grandfathers old house. We live a simple life aside from the few entertainment gadgets we have. This house is 107 years old but was renovated a few years ago. Well, you know as I have read ghosts contact you through things like the lights burning out, and other ways and I have always had to buy new lightbulbs and just blamed it on the wiring, after all the wire is a few years old. My wife has aspirations of being an actress and so we decided we were going to move. The things started happening about three weeks before we decided to move.

One night while setting in the living room my wife all the sudden cried out and told me to look. I did. A long scratch mark appeared as if from nowhere upon her arm. It was a very deep mark and brought blood. If I hadn't seen it happen myself I would not have believed it. Well, the lights begin to blow more. A few nights later while playing a video game on the computer, I went to the bathroom. The doors of our house always stay locked and my wife was totally asleep. When I returned after only a minute, the chair I was sitting in was turned COMPLETELY around 180 degrees facing the bed. I thought this was a prank my wife was pulling but when I went to wake her up and act as if nothing happened she was in a total sleep. I brought it up to her but she told me she was asleep and she was telling the truth as when one of us plays a trick on the other we tell them. An odd thing in retrospect is that I had a chilling sensation when I touched the chair to move it back around.

As Time got closer for us to move more things started happening at a faster pace. I couldn't wait to move as this was really freakin me out. The chair done it on another occasion and instead of saying anything i sat down at my computer and resumed playing. My wife suddenly raised up in the bed and said "Quit pulling on my toes!". She then looked at me and he face went pale. She told me she say me at the foot of the bed pulling her toes and then she saw me in the chair and the person at the end of the bed was not there anymore. I assured her I did not do that. About 10 minutes later from another corner of the room an object, I forget that one flew across the room and hit the corner wall. My wife and I both saw this out of the corner of our eyes but have no idea of where it came from. Oh, it was a shoe. The next night her family came in from florida and we were sitting in the bedroom (That is where most all these occurences take place since that is where the air conditioner is that is where we like to stay because it is so hot), my mother-in-law, brother-in-law and wife were lounging around and talking with each other. I got up and was turned to the side when I was hit with a bottle of coke in the side. My wife was suddenly grabbed on the arm, though we could not see who was doing it and they left a grip mark on it. As if that wasn't enough by brother and mother in law said look! We keep our kitchen closed off with a door and on that door was the shadow of a man my height with that appeared to be something in his hands. I did not see this at first and was fed up with this activity so I cursed it and dared it to show himself. My family was in terror and my brother in law said he's raising his arm. I turned my back to it and it must have clawed me or something as three marks came down my back, again deep but not deep enough to draw blood. On the night before we moved, yet another chair incident and a porcelian cat was hurled across the room to the same corner. It broke it's ear off. Oh and the bottle incident left a mark and if one were weilding it instead of throwing it.
Trying to keep this short but desperation wants me to tell it all. We loaded up our car (I'm retired military and I travel light and was coming back for the rest of our stuff later) and went to our new destination. Upon looking around there (Fayetteville, NC) my wife decided that she did not want to live there. We did not have the money to continue our search as this was planned to the letter and I am on a fixed income. We came back to this house (it makes me sick we did) and for a few days all seemed well, as if the house was happy we were back. Now it has started again. Just before it happens, I get chills all over my body. This last time, the clencher, I thought I was dreaming though I wasn't, it happened today as I lay for a nap. Three male figures appeared to me, one at the foot of my bed, one at my wife's side (He had on a black suit with a black tie, extremely white hair, gold rimmed glasses), the one at the foot of the bed was a balding man with dark tan and big head, medium build and had on a plaid type shirt. I have no idea who was on my side as all I saw was darkness and a shadow. All this time I was petrified and felt something holding my left wrist. I thought it was my wife but her back was too me and she was asleep. I have been in total anxiety ever since (It happened today).

Like I said, I didn't believe in these things and only thought they were the stuff horror movies were made of. My questions are, can anyone help me and my wife? What are these things? Why have they decided to physically hurt and touch me as it happens more to me than to my wife? Is there ANYONE that can help? My email is attached in this letter and if any medium, psychic or anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Please email me as I may loose this board in all my bookmarks. Thank you for your time.

By Baby G on Monday, September 2, 2002 - 12:23 am:

im a whore!!! i love to finger myself

By Sunydaez on Friday, October 4, 2002 - 08:08 am:

can anyone tell me if there is something about flies why Iv had several experiances with ghost in my home when Iv lived in different homes.I have had the worst luck sense the fly thing.

By Tiffany on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 07:46 pm:

Hi, i read your message that you posted.. I know of a book that you MUST get for proof of the afterlife. It has 7 methods to teach you how to get in contact with spirits and it works. It's called Contact The Other Side, by Konstantinos. I'm sure you can order it offline at Konstantinos.com or most bookstores should have it. The only proof i accept is when i get it myself and know that it is REAL... this is what you should do too... it has made me not so afraid of death anymore....the methods are pretty simple and most of them are not expensive either... anyone can do them.

By Tiffany on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 07:46 pm:

I know of a book that you MUST get for proof of the afterlife. It has 7 methods to teach you how to get in contact with spirits and it works. It's called Contact The Other Side, by Konstantinos. I'm sure you can order it offline at Konstantinos.com or most bookstores should have it. The only proof i accept is when i get it myself and know that it is REAL... this is what you should do too... it has made me not so afraid of death anymore....the methods are pretty simple and most of them are not expensive either... anyone can do them.

By Tiffany on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 07:49 pm:

oops i posted that twice... sorry! About the flies... i have seen on TV, (discovery channel, some show about spirits) that flies will inhabit an area where there is lots of ghostly activity... for instance, they will all cling to a window and just stay in a group together if there is that kind of energy in the house....

By River heart on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 11:35 pm:

I have been having a hard time accepting my life lately. The last time this happened, I was laying in bed, and I suddenly awoke. A loud male voice boomed in my ear, everything will be okay. That was 3 years ago. Two nights ago, I awoke hearing a loud door creak. I knew I had locked the doors. It spooked me so bad, I started to have an anxiety attack. I watched kitty paw prints walk up my bed, and around my head. Next there was a loud purr in my ear.Then I felt a chill over half my body. I do not understand. I know they are trying to tell me something, I just wish I could figure out how to talk to them, or understand. Any suggestions?

By Billybetty on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 04:44 am:

i was born a women although my extremely shameful level of obesity has allowed my to grow quite a large penis in my groinal region which is quite nice to stroke.

By Freakinacage72015 on Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 09:52 am:

I live in a haunted house in Arkansas. I have experienced ghosts opening doors and walking outside. I have had them in my room and all through my house. One time I had a friend over and we were going downstairs to get something to eat. When we got to the bottom of the stairs we heard someone cock a shotgun. I turned and looked around the corner and so someone in the kitchen, they saw me and walked through the wall. You can't tell me thats not crazy. So if you have anymore interesting ghosts stories or pictures send them to me at Freakinacage72015@yahoo.com

By Pamela Perry on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 10:19 pm:

I have always believed in the fact that living things leave behind a part of themselves when they pass on. But until recently, I never had anything "strange" happen. I mean, there have been odd occurences in my life that could have been explained a different way other than ghosts. But, my boyfriends dad passed on almost two years ago. I never met him. Never. But everytime I read my boyfriends tarot, it seems like his dad's presence was always there. When I visited his dad's house last year (and three times since) I feel like he is there. Then a few months ago I was in another state from where my boyfriend lives and I was going through some health and emotional problems. My boyfriend couldn't come to help me through. I started noticing that I felt the same presence in my room as I did at his dad's house. This morning I was talking to my boyfriend on the phone. I was reading his tarot and he asked me some questions about his dad. Suddenly I had this vivid image of his dad in my mind. He was answering the questions with gestures and feelings. It scared me pretty good. I don't know if I really experienced something out the ordinary, or if I am losing it. Anyone have any advice?
Thanks
Pamela

By Nina on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 09:43 am:

I just found this site yesterday, but I see some of you have been on this forum for a long time. My mom died more than a year ago and I was wondering how I could know if she's trying to contact me. I just tought that I heard noises and had strange sensations because I wanted to believe there could be something more or that's what people always told me. But now, I think it's better to aks questions to believers. A few days ago, my printer started to act funny. All the lights started to blink and suddenly it printed a capital J, the first letter of her name... I wasn't the only one who saw it, but I am the only one who seeks a meaning for it. This is the clearest sign I've got so far. I had other ones but people always told me it was because I'm trying to give her death a place in my life. But I'm a believer.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"