Paranormal Activity in Ancient Egypt?

Paraseek.com Discussion Forum: General Paranormal Discussions: Paranormal Activity in Ancient Egypt?
By
Laralyn Martin on Friday, November 13, 1998 - 01:36 pm:

I just returned from Egypt and was curious why we never heard any stories of hauntings or paranormal activity at any of the ancient sites. I would seem to me that if any place on earth was haunted it would be the Valley of the Kings, Queens, Nobles or the Pyramids. Especially considering that all the tombs have been robbed, the mummies removed, and god knows what else. Come to thinnk of it, I have never heard any stories of hauntings or the paranormal in any of the ancient places I traveled to (Greece, Rome, Turkey). Haunted places seem to have much more contemoray ghosts, say within the last 500 years or so. Is anyone else curious about this? Maybe someone knows something out there!

By Tom Tinari on Wednesday, November 18, 1998 - 08:10 pm:

This is because ghosts and there physical spirits only lasts a matter of years. The emotion and need to finish something can only hold form for so long. That is why you might here of ghosts that look like white mists with a head or half a body, this is because if you were a ghost, how long would you remember what you looked like if you never looked in a mirror again! To answer your question the ghosts of the Egyptian Kings or slaves are thousands of years old!

By Admin on Thursday, February 11, 1999 - 10:21 pm:

I'm not sure what time would have to do with ghosts...and I'm not sure where you are getting that kind of information...about the year duration that is.

By Neal Parr on Monday, April 5, 1999 - 02:50 am:

Hi, Neal Parr here. Time has nothing to do with how long a spirit roams a particular place. Spirits exist in a world of pure energy. A nonlocal, nonlinear place. If we were to look at the discoveries in physics...this nonlocal, nonlinear discovery...it would become evident that it applies to spirits as well. Most likely you never heard of hauntings on your trip to Egypt because the guides there were not interested in that sort of thing. I welcome any comments on this message. I can be reached at nealparr@excite.com, or you can visit my website: http://akashagroup.click2site.com Hope to hear from you.

By Anonymous on Saturday, October 30, 1999 - 08:41 am:

Laralyn Martin are you for real?
Have you never heard of the curse of King Tut's tomb?
Indeed the very inscription on the entry to King Tut's tomb answers the question asked by this page~ " Beware all ye who enter......."
Have you never heard of the Scarab beetle broach which it is claimed has taken the life of all who have owned it since it was unearthed?
I suggest you go to your local video store and rent a few movies like,'The curse of the mummy'.

By Anonymous on Wednesday, June 28, 2000 - 04:35 am:

i believe the egyptians spent there whole preparing for the after life and that there was no reason to stay here for what ever reason we can think of /hauntings etc /it wasn't enough for them

By Robert Pringle on Friday, July 7, 2000 - 02:39 am:

Cybersailor here. I think Neal is right on target and if anyone would like to support some real research, that may shed some new light on many paranormal subjects and possibly demonstrate, what science is calling, "Hyper-dimensional Physics", drop me an E-mail at alphaproject2525@excite.com.

By Unregistered pixie on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 10:45 pm:

gravesites are not usually haunted by those buried
there. spirits tend to hang out where they were in
life. maybe a widow or something might haunt a
graveyard, but not someone buried there.

By Zorro on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 05:58 pm:

I'm really interested in the world from a non-linear perspective (chaos & chaos magick especially); however I think that linear time might have something to do with the dissipation of spirits. Lemme explain:
Even in the non-linear sense, everything is still affected by the subconscious or collective subconscious by people - see Rupert Sheldrake for more of the collective subconscious theory. And the collective subconscious is obviously affected by most people's perception of time, which is linear. They don't know any different; I think ghosts are forms created by people's perception of the soul - i.e. the 'energy' that animates the slab of meat otherwise known as a body. Energy doesn't have a form until people give it a shape. Ghosts are most common in the collective subconscious, and as linear time passes by, so do people's perceptions, memories, interests and associations with other people, and so as the 'form' disappears from the people, it disappears from existance. But in the quantum sense, it could reappear just as easily and with just as much vigour at any given moment, should another person 'ressurect' it with his interest and reassociation.

By The Sorcerer on Friday, December 21, 2001 - 01:59 pm:

the egyptians priests and priestesses were known to seal the area with curses

By Punkally on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 09:32 pm:

just so you know , Tom Tinari, as yaers go by , ghosts dont lose thier shape or fade away , infact , as they go on in life (or after life) , they gain more energy , geting stronger causing them to be even more fuller in shape . you see, when ghosts start out , then thier only sometimes seen from the waist up .

By XLCR on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 11:52 am:

My understanding is that the ancient Egyptians or Kemites were a spiritually advanced race who were well aware of the interconnection between mind, body, spirit and God. They prepared themselves for death with a full awareness of the "afterlife" and had no need to return and "haunt" the places they inhabited in "human" form

By Matissa on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 04:53 pm:

I'm new to this site. In my 34 years I have had numerous experiences with the supernatural. In fact I was born and raised in Egypt. We moved when I was 15. So let me set all your minds at ease when I tell you that Egypt is indeed haunted. You have to know where to look. And Karalyn, the Valley of the Kings is indeed haunted. I know from personal experience. Trust me on this. My first encounter with the supernatural happened the day before my seventh birthday. I've had many experiences in Egypt. Go to Giza and the Valley of the Kings. The fact that I've had so many encounters could come from the fact that I'm a magnet for the unexplainable. I've had encounters with spirits, demons, angels, orbs, portals and other entities and creatures. Also Karalyn, try the Necropolis and Delos in Greek. You want to be scared? That place will definitely do it! To XLCR, yes the Egyptians were advanced spiritually, but that does in no way mean they don't come back. I've had my own experiences with this. I'm also Egyptian. Just because we Egyptians have prepared all our lives for when we die, does not mean we don't come back. WE DO! So please, get your facts straight before you say something. Thank you. I'm not putting you down, but I was born there. And it irritates me when people think they know about us. I know you're allowed to express your opinion, but don't hurt others when you do it please.

By David vdb on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 07:20 am:

Hello, I have always been very interested in Egypt. Not only in it's history. Since i could read, I loved to read books about the ancient Egypt. Still i do so. I visited Egypt in 1992 and since that visit I have even a stronger atractive feeling with Egypt. When i read books about Egypt or see a program on TV about Egypt, I have al the time a strange and strong feeling. It gives me a feeling like "that's my HOME!!". Very bizar! I have that al the time i think about Egypt. 3 years ago I had already made different contacts with Egyption people and embassy and consulat because I want to emmigrate to Egypt. I didn't undestand myself because what would i have to do there. I only was interested (still a lot!) to just BE there. Close to the historical places. Especialy Saqarra. I even studied the Arabic language to go live there. My family didn't understand me to go live in such a country and so far away from my family. Now I am 30 years, have a little family. I'm very happy but still I have that strong feeling to go to Egypt. Searching for something but don't know what! I'm sure I will go back. I have to. I begin to beleive strongly that I must be a re´ncarnation of an ancient Egyptian. I have even dreams of it. Sitting in the dessert, close to a piramid (a small one!) and often I see a women passing by and looking. I wonder if someone can explain me what's happening with me.
Thanks!

By Thekid on Saturday, August 31, 2002 - 10:15 am:

I stumbeled onto this stie by accident but im glad i did, science knowledge overwhelms me, i can't get enough, im only 17 but i feel like i know so much yet i know i dont, my view on your disscussion here would be that 'Time it's self, is like a moving ice sheet with a liquid bumper moving forwed at a constant speed with the liquid water freezing behind as every second goes by, this captures this moment forever, never to be seen again, but our minds and memories are something very different, they change from day to day our memories get dimmer are minds getting weaker, peoples own perception and will to belive brings ghosts to life im afraid making them no less real at that point in time but at the same time merly a spec of an imagination, and when u put imaginations together and only then is when we can together create energy fluctuations and the funny thing is theres some of us out there who know we can do it yet the rest are just baffeled by what it does without ever realy becoming something, if you would like to contact me whith any information which u may have then u can cantact me on daza103@hotmail.com

By Christine on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 11:52 pm:

I would just like to say that I just came back from a three month trip to Italy, Greece and Egypt, and while I can't say I felt any powers in either Greece or Egypt, there is an overwhelming force in Rome. Both at Ceasar's pyre in the Forum, and in St. Peter's there is something there bigger than I have ever felt before.

By Tarotalv on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 11:57 pm:

I dont mean any offence when i say that it doesnt matter how much time has gone by entities who once were still are.
My last life i was in egypt i havent been there in this one, however my belief stands that if they wish to come to you they will.

By Khaku on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 12:48 pm:

Some of You are mistaken...

The lifetime for a ghost on the earth has been proven to be approximately 500 years. By that time the ghost has completely faded out of this plane...

You can read about it in "Ghosts: Lifespans and other Boundaries" By Mejorsha Alneda

By Evothek9 on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 11:41 pm:

mildly curious.. how is it proven?

do they interview ghosts or people who have been around 500 years or more? hearsay and rumor, plus myths and legends do no constitute proof.

I"m not saying that Mejorsha Alneda is wrong, I Just want to know about this "proof".

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"