West Vriginia State Pen???

Paraseek.com Discussion Forum: Fanzone: Scare Tactics AND MTV's Fear: West Vriginia State Pen???
By Erica on Saturday, May 25, 2002 - 06:06 am:

I have a few questions for anyone that has been there or knows the history of a few of the infamous prisoners. I recently went there for a tour and will be returning to "ghosthunt" this summer. I was totally intrigued by the place. I would like to know if anyone has a link to the site on MTV where their supposed "pilot episodes" are located since WVSP and St. Agnes are not on the site. I would also like to know if anyone has any info on Red Snyder. Some of the cast had to go to his cell for a dare and I was wondering if he was still alive or if there is any other info on him. I know that he killed his family, but that's about it. If anyone has any experiences to share from a visit there it would be appreciated too. If you have any tips for my little ghost hunting trip let me know, I am sort of a beginner in that respect!! :) Thanks

By MixxMaster on Saturday, May 25, 2002 - 08:03 am:

Hey, try http://www.mtv.com/onair/fear/108/ . I'm glad to see Mtv hasn't taken this site down...

By MixxMaster on Saturday, May 25, 2002 - 08:06 am:

Oh, and of course, the Official Site of the West Virginia State Pen, www.wvpentours.com/ .

I assume you're taking one of the "Ghost Tours"????

By Erica on Sunday, May 26, 2002 - 05:02 am:

Thanks so much MixxMaster!! That's exactly the site I was looking for. We went down for one of the regular tours last week, but they didn't really show much of what I wanted to see. So, we are all going back to spend the night and do a ghost hunt. I am pretty excited about that! Anyway thanks...

By MixxMaster on Sunday, May 26, 2002 - 09:01 am:

No problemo, might I also suggest looking up "West Virginina State Pen" on Google?? Lots of sites in regards to that place...

Take some pics for me...

By Erica on Sunday, May 26, 2002 - 03:52 pm:

I've done that too, but none of them have any history of any of the prisoners or any "inside" scoop for me...Oh I will be taking tons of pics and we are going to tape the whole thing on a camcorder too. Any other equipment suggestions for me?

By MixxMaster on Monday, May 27, 2002 - 02:18 am:

Ever try EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena)??? look that up, also...

I would get red lenses for your camera flashes and lights.

400 speed film seems to work great for pictures.

Bring LOTS of batteries, and bring those light sticks, power drains can be very common in investigations.

Don't forget to take notes, and times of when you see and feel things, as well as when you do things.

Unless you have the money for it, don't worry about getting any movement/IR/EMF meters for now.

One last thing: BE CAREFUL, go in groups of 2-4, don't drink, smoke, or make lots of noise while on the scene(these are obvious).

Please note, I'm still waiting to hear from a local ghost hunting group, I haven't even gone on an investigation, yet.

Once I do, I think I'm going to be prepared...

By Spiralfreak on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 07:26 am:

Hey, is there any local "ghost hunting groups"
near Sharon, PA? We're about 45 mins above
Pittsburgh. I'd just like to check out some of
the local sites if there are any about around
here.

Thanks in advance!

-Jae
jae@lemons
tardust.cjb.net

By Candles on Monday, August 26, 2002 - 04:34 pm:

Does anyone know of any ghost hunting groups in Olympia Washington? I would appreciate any info if anyone knows anything. Thanks

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"