Carla and Kriss: When is the next season and heartbeat monitors

Paraseek.com Discussion Forum: Fanzone: Scare Tactics AND MTV's Fear: Carla and Kriss: When is the next season and heartbeat monitors
By
Paraseek Webmaster (Admin) on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 12:15 pm:

Carla and Kriss,

Seems to have been a rather short season. I know MTV is airing them odd and that they are stockpiling stuff. When should we see the next installments?

Also, have you guys considered putting any vital monitors on the kids? Would be interesting to show when spikes occur. If they could not be relayed in real time they could be edited into the show quite easily later.

Seems if this is a show about "FEAR" then actively monitoring that FEAR in new ways would add to the shows whole point.

All the best, Will (webmaster)

By Kriss on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 07:21 pm:

Thats a good idea, I will tell my boss about it. That would be neat.

Those are all of the episodes we did last summer. As for the next batch, we dont have any official word yet on when production will start.

By Devshb on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 07:22 pm:

They could also link up the vitals monitors to a polygraph; that'd be cool - imagine someone saying "aahhh ! I've just seen a ghost walk through the wall!", screaming, running away from the house, and then the caption bleeping and reading "true". Man, I'd pay money for that !

By MixxMaster on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 06:59 am:

DUDE, great idea! Also, how about and EMF meter, too???
Now, if they could also include an EVP when they try communicating....
I heard that the whole season was cut short, due to 9/11...
So, Kriss, does that mean that there WILL be another season? Any good locales you've been scouting that you can tell us about, without disclosing too much??

By Paraseek Webmaster (Admin) on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 11:12 am:

They've used EMF meters before. I know I remember them using them. In the very early shows.

They have monitored the ghosts, it would be nice to monitor the kids now. Would be interesting to see their relative stress levels.

By Kriss on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 01:17 am:

Yes, we have used EMF meters, and even though I brief them the casts still seem to have a hard time interpreting the data during the event.

As for the new season....... :)

By MixxMaster on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 03:15 am:

Kriss, SWEET... thanks, that's all I need to know...
And, I do realize they did EMF meters in the first season, I would just like it to be used more often(perhaps actually attached to that harness)...
Also, has there been any dicussion about using EVP? I noticed a lot of times the dares involve talking to the spirits, why not use EVP, either to replace/in addition to the channeling stuff(Which I don't feel too comfortable with)??
Sometimes the results of these are amazing...

By Billybob21 on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 04:00 am:

yeah, I think they used a EMF meter in the first season, that was the same time some guy lit up a cigarette, last time you saw either of those on fear ever again.

By MixxMaster on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 07:44 am:

hey, while we're on the topic of EMF meters, what kind do you recommend, Kriss?? Is a trifield the best??
I'm going to start getting some equipment together, I've found a local paranormal investigations group, and would like to hear your opinion on different equipment to use. Are some of the more expensive tools worth it?? like geiger counters, multi senor arrays, etc...
Thanks, and you be careful on your assignments, ok???

By Kriss on Friday, May 3, 2002 - 12:26 am:

MM, I would like to do attempt to get some EVP on
Fear, maybe next season. To be honest with you I dont use an EMF meter, or a gieger counter or any of that other stuff when I investigate. I use a digital camera, 35mm camera, video camera with infra-red, an audio recorder and a non-contact thermometer. The most important thing is to buy the best equipment you can afford. Thanks for worrying about me! That is so sweet, and I am careful.....sort of. :)

By MixxMaster on Friday, May 3, 2002 - 12:41 am:

Thank you very much, Kriss. I've seen some of the prices, but I realized long ago, to get quality, one has to really spend a lot more.
Now, is your main purposes just to check out a place, and see if it's safe, or do you guys actually check for spirits and make contact? Do you have to make some sort of positive ID of a Haunting? Or, does it just have to look and feel scary?
Also, have there been some places you've scouted that have been too dangerous, in a paranormal sense for FEAR...
I checked out your site, Kriss, very cool stuff on there. Under the UPDATE section of FEAR, are you referring to the upcoming season, or is this an old update on season two???
Thanks, I have too many questions, I guess I really do have an obsessive/compulsive thing going on...
Of course, anyone who has advice or comments about ghost hunting, or the paranormal in general is free to email me anytime.

By Kriss on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 10:16 pm:

Its an old update, I need to update it. :)

I research the locations to ascertain if there is a history of paranormal activity. If there is either I or two other people scout the location and make sure it meets our physical requirements. If it does then I start interviewing witnesses and doing background checks. I do not do an actual physical paranormal investigation of the location. I do sometimes get phenomena while scouting the location, but I make an effort to leave the site as pure as possible. While I am on location with the crew I sometimes investigate areas that are off limits to the cast, normally these are unsafe areas.

By MixxMaster on Sunday, May 5, 2002 - 03:58 am:

Kriss,
If I may ask, what are the physical requirements??? There are a number of great places around here, and some might fit in, being isolated enough, and with a big history of activity...

By Kriss on Monday, May 6, 2002 - 05:39 am:

The locations have to be HUGE, really big, multiple buildings a definate plus. Isolated, no light pollution, nothing on major roads. And haunted, of course. History of violence preferable.

By MixxMaster on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 01:13 am:

Great, that helps a lot!!!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"