HAs anyone at MTV thought about

Paraseek.com Discussion Forum: Fanzone: Scare Tactics AND MTV's Fear: HAs anyone at MTV thought about
By Gillian on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 03:46 pm:

actually having a real ghost hunt at one of these places by ordinary people interested in the paranormal, I belong to a many lists , and I know for a fact almost anyone on those lists would jump at the chance of doing this sort of thing and you would not have to pay them to do it either.
But forget the dramatics and the screaming, and the hoods and chains and dead animals, give these people night vision cams, tape recorders and Emf meters and send them on there way, I have never been on a ghost hunt in my life, but I for one would do it, I am a sceptic/believer and don't scare easily.
Bring together a group of strangers, take them to a highly haunted location, give them basic equipment, and see what happens, I can assure anyone who tries this out will have their ratings sky rocket.
Fear and Scariest places, throw extras into the mix, with spiders and pigs heads and chains, and a little man with a Newcastle-upon-Tyne accent trying to act like a spook master. Then it turns into a scream fest. Gets very boring after a while.

By Kriss on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 06:09 pm:

I have been pushing for this kind of show, I think it would be great. I mean, I am a ghosthunter, and ghosts scare me too, so putting ghosthunters in a really really active environment haunted by some sersiously dysfunctional ghosts would be entertaining in my book.

By Nechronius on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 06:45 pm:

This begs the question whether such a ghost hunt show would even draw an audience on a channel like MTV. Perhaps on another channel such a show would do better.

I would love to be involved in something like this myself. But only on Sundays as I work until late on Saturdays.

By MedusaD on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 08:36 pm:

I think it's a great idea too. Another ghosthunter here :) I don't think MTV would take it though, they seem to be more focused on the ratings from the 18-24 age group. As far as Fear, I think Waverly hospital would've been a good place for them. Lots of good history there! Right now, I'm doing research on some old textile mills in my area, Maine. There's two here that were used as forts and hideouts underneath them. There's a whole network of canals and tunnels that they used, and I'm trying to get some people together to investigate some of them.

By Gillian on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 11:08 am:

I belong to several lists, each list has at least a thousand members of all ages, each one of those people belong to other lists who all have many members, of all ages.
The people I have spoken to have stated that if any TV station would put on REAL GHOST HUNTS they would tune in to watch, but the are really getting fed up with the scream fests that are happening every time a paranormal show is televised, so much so they have quit watching.
The all say the same thing, too much hype, too much screaming, and not any attempt to allow the viewer to see what may or may not be going on because the camera keeps fliting back and forth from one place to another, poor sound quaility.
I for one have turned to another station on each showing of fear and Scariest Places because of this, however a couple of nights ago I spent 3 hours watching channel 15 when they were doing a piece on the MRYTALS (sp) and othe Haunted Houses.

By Kriss on Saturday, April 6, 2002 - 12:50 pm:

Gillian, that piece on the Myrtles was garbage. I have investigated that place, and trust me when I say that Chloe is not a nice happy Casper type of ghost. Also, the show really didnt prove anything either way. And could the ghost hunters have looked less professional? I was disgusted.

I hope the executive producers decide to do a real ghost hunting Fear, I think as a special it would work great. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Medusa, I have worked with Keith Age, the ghost hunter that heads investigations at Waverly, and its on my list of prospective locations.....I would like to hear more about your textile mills.

By MedusaD on Sunday, April 7, 2002 - 01:32 pm:

I watched the Myrtles episode, I was actually more interested in seeing more of the photos that they said the visitors sent in. And Joe Nickles....I won't get started on him. LOL!
I did come across some fantastic Myrtles pics at Ghoststudy.com, a woman went there for a few days, and she got some amazing shots, and an EVP.
The textile mills, I'm still knee-deep in public records right now, a thrilling job. I did find out some interesting things about the early "sweatshop" days of them, some of which are coming from people that had relatives that worked in the time frame. Again, weeding out fact from possible false info. I'll keep you posted when I get more info!

By Kriss on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 02:13 am:

Thanks Medusa, I am looking forward to hearing what you find.

If you get the chance by all means check out the Myrtles, just be prepared to be treated badly. :) However, Chloe is really active, so its worth it.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"