Eastern State

Paraseek.com Discussion Forum: Fanzone: Scare Tactics AND MTV's Fear: Eastern State
By ChopzEuey on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 06:05 pm:

I live about 20 minutes from Eastern State Penitentiary and went on a tour of it a few weeks ago. During the tour questions about MTV's Fear were brought up. The guide told us that the producers went to a local pet store and bought 15 rats to put in the cell block that they used for filming. He also told us that they replaced some of the doors with older ones that were harder to open. Another interesting point, the cell blocks used in filming are no longer open to the public because of the strong possibility of danger. We were also informed that a few of the stories on the show did not actually happen.

By ChopzEuey on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 06:08 pm:

I just remebered something else he told us. The tranquility chair had been removed when the prison closed so a replica had to be made for the taping.

By Kriss on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 11:53 pm:

Well, I was at Eastern, and I can tell you this; we were required to wear hard hats when working in the prison because its hazardous. I dont know who your tour guide was, but we didnt replace any doors, we didnt have to, many cells have doors. Why go through the trouble? As for the stories used on the show, I researched the hauntings, and they absolutely did occur. The tranquility chair may have been a replica the prison museum uses, but it was there when we arrived.

I would love to know who this tourguide is.

By ChopzEuey on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 12:27 pm:

I may have my facts mixed up. While doing the tour someone asked why the doors in one area were different than those on the television show Fear, and he went on a long talk about how the doors were made of wood, but were replaced with steel bars. That just confused me, because i remembered that someone got stuck inside of a cell that had a wooden door. As for all the stories being true, i don't know, he could verify only one, and that was the story of the man choking to death after trying to get out of the iron gag.

By Kriss on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 05:44 am:

Hmmm, well, when we decide to shoot a location we dig up all kinds of information. I research any and all paranormal angles, we have guys working on history, the producers get involved, its a really big deal. Also, one thing I have learned is that people at lot of these places dont like to talk about anything negative that has happened there. I cant tell you how many times I asked the owner or manager of a location about the criminal past and they say that nothing has ever happened, or that there are no bad ghosts there, then I find out that someone was shot in the back or committed suicide on the roof.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"