Military academy episode

Paraseek.com Discussion Forum: Fanzone: Scare Tactics AND MTV's Fear: Military academy episode
By
Hecubusx on Sunday, June 3, 2001 - 07:19 pm:

Kris
Is Hopkins Military Academy the real name for the school in that episode, or was it changed? I'm interested in this site and can't find any info on a military school by that name.
Thanks

By Hecubusx on Sunday, June 3, 2001 - 08:18 pm:

Kriss
I have the actual location of "hopkins" acadamy. Although I'm not finding any info to support the past incidents that Fear spoke about (the satanic rituals, the deaths, etc..) The actual schools website has comments about the airing of the show and how they are disgusted about the misrepresentation, the alumni say nothing like that ever happened. Do you have any info on the storyline behind "hopkins"?

By Kriss on Monday, June 4, 2001 - 02:28 am:

I wasnt working for the show at that time. The producer for that show, Tod Dahlke, told me about some of the history. Its a military academy in Virginia. Part of the contract with them specified that we would not use the real name. They were very insistent on that in particular. There was an administrator that actively practiced satanism in a small hidden room in the attic, I believe. I saw the original scout photos, they show the little room and how it had to be accessed by removing blocks from the wall. I believe our account of the incident is correct. However, the academy is still up and running and I'm sure you can see how this incident is something they would have liked to keep under wraps.

By Hecubusx on Tuesday, June 5, 2001 - 10:01 pm:

I thought they said the academy shut down in 1984. One of the former deans who was on your show is part of the alumni of the actual school's website which did shut down in 1984, so I know I have the right scool (the pictures match too)-but I understand the importance of privacy-although their guest book was full of Fear fans. I think the events are true because I'm having a hard time accessing information about the school's history. Even when reading about the history of the town and surrounding areas, they don't mention the school. It's weird, like it's a part of their history they don't want to talk about.

By Kriss on Wednesday, June 6, 2001 - 12:57 am:

Exactly. We run into this all the time. I guess I can see thier point. I thought the academy was still running, maybe just in the Summer or something? If its not a school what is it?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"