Skip to Content


< Previous | Next >

Chambéry

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03566c.htm

In 1467, in the ducal chapel built for the Holy Winding-Sheet (Santo Sudario) by Amadeus IX, duke of Savoy, and the Duchess Yolande of France, Paul II erected a chapter directly subject to the Holy See, and his successor Sixtus IV, united this chapter with the deanery of Savoy.

Submitted in section: Religion & Spirituality: Christianity: Denominations: Catholicism: Reference: Catholic Encyclopedia: C: Chambéry

Review It Rate It Bookmark It